• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 wolf5jvs

wolf5jvs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:50 AM

I have been using Air Video and HD with my iPad for years, but withinh the past few days it has stopped working and I cannot figure out why. No matter what video I watch after approx 60-90 seconds of playing it stops and the "loading" pops up and it freezes like this (no matter how long I wait) until I close out the video and restart it. Then it continues playing right where I left off for another 60-90 seconds until it does it again. There is no end to this and it's driving me crazy!!! There is no problem with my internet connection or my computer...I checked them both thoroughly. Please help!!!
  • hdfmpldz1 and Uexpindy like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hi,

please send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support (at) inmethod.com. Thanks.

#3 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Been using air video for ages from my mac mini to my ipad 2. Never had so much problems as I had the last 1-2 months.  

- Sometimes the subs don't load, and when I activate them they show for a couple of minuts then disappears again. Then when I try to activate it again I get the loading box. When I go back to settings and disable the sub the video plays fine. Go enable and the subs are back. Later it loads again. It appears randomly. (often when i use subs)

- Same thing with audio. Sometimes the video is good but the audio disappears.  I go in settings and disable and enable the audio plays fine again. 

I'm using an old mac mini so I haven't done any updates on it.

I hade an older version of the server software, then I experienced my problems. I updated to the lates version. But it didn't help. 

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

Please send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support (at) inmethod.com (and add the problem description to email).

#5 mozzy990

mozzy990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and have just emailed you my logs.

Cheers.

#6 mipmap

mipmap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

Same here: subtitles disappear, I stop playback, select the same file again, subtitles are back for (hopefully) the rest of the video. If not, try same again. This is with files which previously worked fine. Also, this us random, sometimes the same file works fine, next playback subtitles disappear.

Also having problems with video stops playing. This mostly happens at the end of videos, like 1 minute before the end, but not exactly. If I have setting to automatically play next video, that one will start playing instead, so it's as if the server actually thinks the file is completed.

Edit: Have sent logs to support.

#7 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Awesome... I'm not alone ! Feel better  B)

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Do the subtitles disappear when playing on device or Apple TV? There is a bug in latest Apple TV firmware where subtitles show for a split second and then disappear. Latest server should have workaround for this, but maybe it doesn't' always work?

#9 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

It disappeared from my iPad. But I watched a tv show yesterday with the latest server version (beta) and everything was okay. Will try it more during this week.

(Mac Mini > Ipad 2) 

#10 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:59 AM

So far so good with the "Air Video Server HD 2.0.3-beta1"

#11 manne

manne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

never mind, it happen't with  "Air Video Server HD 2.0.3-beta1" now too..  :unsure:

#12 TheFaky

TheFaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Have a similar problem lately, which started happening about a month ago. Before that this never happened. Don't know what changed, but now i get loading on Ipad and server crash (windows machine) when watching almost any kind of movie. Tried mkv and xvid. Usually freezes at the beginning....lets say in the first minute or so.

the last log in transcoding.live is : Error opening memory font: 'MingLiU' if that helps.

I have tried installing older version 2.0.2, 32 and 64 bit version of server, uninstalling and reinstalling bonojour service, restarting in any combination, but it still does not work. I cannot try with older version of client. Now i have the latest version 2.1.0. beta 2 and the problem is still here.

As i see there are a couple of people having this similar problem...any solutions on sight? Or a workaround maybe?

#13 dschmunis

dschmunis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

Same issue here.

Using the laters version of BETA and latest version of app on my iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2 with Retina and iPad Air.

Everything was working fine (local wi-fi) until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of the sudden the videos take 60+ seconds to load and then they pause after about 45 seconds..

Sent email to support 4 days ago but no word yet.

Strage, as I can't see any updates done to the app and/or server recently...

#14 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Have a similar problem lately, which started happening about a month ago. Before that this never happened. Don't know what changed, but now i get loading on Ipad and server crash (windows machine) when watching almost any kind of movie. Tried mkv and xvid. Usually freezes at the beginning....lets say in the first minute or so.

the last log in transcoding.live is : Error opening memory font: 'MingLiU' if that helps.

I have tried installing older version 2.0.2, 32 and 64 bit version of server, uninstalling and reinstalling bonojour service, restarting in any combination, but it still does not work. I cannot try with older version of client. Now i have the latest version 2.1.0. beta 2 and the problem is still here.

As i see there are a couple of people having this similar problem...any solutions on sight? Or a workaround maybe?

Is this constantly reproducible? The font error should only be relevant for file that has a font embedded, it shouldn't matter for other files.

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

Same issue here.

Using the laters version of BETA and latest version of app on my iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2 with Retina and iPad Air.

Everything was working fine (local wi-fi) until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of the sudden the videos take 60+ seconds to load and then they pause after about 45 seconds..

Sent email to support 4 days ago but no word yet.

Strage, as I can't see any updates done to the app and/or server recently...

I must have missed the email. New server beta should be available soon, as well as client update. There is Connection Speed test in Air Video HD (iPhone/iPad) settings, what result do you get?

#16 angrycrab

angrycrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm having the same Issue constantly loading every couple of minutes.

Can you tell us which version Is not effected by this bug? or a workaround till you fix this Issue?

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

There are many possible reasons. If playback just stops and *never* resumes, try upgrading to latest beta.

http://forums.inmeth...r-hd-210-beta2/

It playback keeps buffering for a while and then resumes, it is either network throughput problem or computer is not fast enough. You can measure the throughput using Connection Speed test in Air Video HD settings.

#18 angrycrab

angrycrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

My pc Is fast enough so I don't think It's the problem, and I am running the latest beta. What happens Is that It drops the connection every couple of minutes and the server wont respond. Restarting the app on my Ipad and running the video again fixes It. Note If I don't restart the app It just keeps loading forever. It's just annoying having to do It every couple of minutes.

I'm using a different app for media streaming and It works flawlessly so It must be an Issue with the server.

#19 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hi,

that really looks like a client issue. Can you please give beta3 (released yesteday) a try

http://forums.inmeth...r-hd-210-beta3/

and if the problem persists, send me logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from Logs) to support (at) inmethod.com ? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users