• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 gagerman

gagerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Air video HD is awesome, it was worth the wait. Can you add the ability to use iTunes play list, it allow user the organize you Movie folders by date, recently added and so on. Thanks.
  • mikeah007 and Hwinter like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hi,

this will be likely added when we have full support for audio (if there is enough demand for it could be sooner). 

#3 mikeah007

mikeah007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I second this request a I have over 900 plus movies and always used this feature under the old version to find movies or to see recent added movies. Looking through 900 plus movies does not work. Love this program and can hardly wait for the ITunes play list feature. Soon please.

• mikeah007 likes this

#4 sjk

sjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEugene

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'd like iTunes playlist support.  Nicer if (un)watched status, and even playback position, could be synced between AVHD and iTunes.

Air Video HD 1.0.2 (iPad 2 [iOS 7.0.2]), Air Video Server HD 1.0.9 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.5]), 802.11g/n WLAN

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm playing with the idea of synchronizing the playback position and history between Air Video and some desktop players. I'm wondering how many people are actually using the settings synchronization between devices.

• Hwinter likes this

#6 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Right now, I only have my one device.  However, I know two other family members who use a ipad (or mini) and sometimes a phone (either standalone or airplaying to apple tv) that definitely are utilizing this feature.

• Hwinter likes this

#7 bhunt01

bhunt01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi,

this will be likely added when we have full support for audio (if there is enough demand for it could be sooner). 

Question on your response,

In Air Video Server (predecessor variant) the way to include movies and TV shows that were in iTunes was to select add iTunes playlist and select "movies" or 'TV Shows" from the list provided. Should one abandon that method with Air Video Server HD and just add the itunes-movies subfolder and the itunes-tv shows subfolders to the list of shared folders?

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

For the time being that's the only option as far as I can tell. 

#9 sjk

sjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEugene

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

Should one abandon that method with Air Video Server HD and just add the itunes-movies subfolder and the itunes-tv shows subfolders to the list of shared folders?

Probably obvious and not normally useful, but any subfolders under Movies and TV Shows folders of the iTunes Media folder can also be added as Shared Folders if you want them to show up at the top level in the client.

I leave the Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library option under iTunes > Preferences > Advanced disabled since most video content in my iTunes library is organized/stored outside the iTunes Media folder hierarchy on multiple volumes. That works okay for Shared Folder access in AVHD. Video playlists keep the same content organized in various ways in iTunes, mostly for Apple TV usage. I'd also like to make use of some of those iTunes playlists in AVHD since they abstract content in ways that simple folder hierarchy organization/access doesn't.
Air Video HD 1.0.2 (iPad 2 [iOS 7.0.2]), Air Video Server HD 1.0.9 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.5]), 802.11g/n WLAN

#10 sjk

sjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEugene

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm playing with the idea of synchronizing the playback position and history between Air Video and some desktop players. I'm wondering how many people are actually using the settings synchronization between devices.

Thanks for playing with that idea. :)

I haven't tried syncing settings between AVHD on my iPad and iPhone, yet. Being able to sync (un)watched status and playback position between AVHD and iTunes would make it much easier to share viewing between my iPad and Apple TV. Obviously it's tedious to manually keep track of what's being/been watched where.

#11 RodgerW

RodgerW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I know of 4 people, including myself that would use this if added to AVHD.

• Hwinter likes this

iMac 27-inch (Late 2013) • OS X 10.11.3 (15D21) • Air Video Server HD (2.2.1u1) • Air Video HD (2.1.4)

#12 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hi,

Yes yes please  I "demand" my playlists. Just joking. I use playlists. They really help for my kids who use AV externally exclusively. So I make playlists of content I add. i.e.: last two weeks added Tv * Movies, then breakdown of Comedy Movies, Actin etc… same for TV

Navigating with Playlists makes it so much easier to find newly added content for those that don't administer the AV Server and iTunes (ME)

Great update.

#13 bill320i

bill320i

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi,

Audio (mp3).....Please!

iTunes Playlist

Photos

• albertopardo likes this

#14 jclandau1

jclandau1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

yes, please add itunes playlists just like in Air Video...indispensable.

and yes, sync between devices is a great +

JC

• Hwinter likes this

#15 raucous

raucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hi there

I just downloaded the software today and am mighty happy with it so far.   Although I really would like Itunes playlists to be added to the app as well..

many thanks

#16 Hwinter

Hwinter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have a bunch of musical videos "lost" under my music folder from iTunes. Without the iTunes Playlist it would be very painful to find and add each show manually. So just as others, I would love to have this feature back.

The other feature mentioned, sync between devices is awesome too. I use primarily my iPad to watch on the Appletv, but when my daughter is using the iPad, I fall back to my iPhone.

By the way, I love the fact that AVHD supports 5.1. This was really missing on the older version. Really nice app!
  • sepetdav likes this

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2582 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

There already is sync between devices. Go to Settings (from main menu) and enable Synchronize Settings on both devices.

#18 Hwinter

Hwinter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sorry, I meant to say "is" not "would be". I've edited the post now! :-)

#19 simononthequay

simononthequay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yes to playlists. The file names displayed are those of the original file whereas what I want are the ones edited in itunes
  • sepetdav likes this

#20 WalrusVideo.com

WalrusVideo.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Not to be a contradicting voice here, but iTunes video playlists are practically worthless and the origional AirVideo itunes playlist support was nominal at best.  What AirVideo needs is it's own, independant, playlist system.  Just a simple, practical way to queue up videos from an assortment of folders.  That's the only feature missing from AirVideo that would make it the ultimate killer video app for home networks.

• sepetdav likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users