• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vegeta897

vegeta897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

The new UI in 2.0 looks fantastic, and I love the new features. But one feature I really loved in the previous version was being able to adjust my screen brightness just by tapping on the cog in the top right. But now I can't find this slider anywhere. Please don't tell me this great feature was removed! I hate having to use the iOS quick settings bar at the bottom, because it's difficult to pull up with my iPad cover, and it interrupts playback.

• truddyFresy and Alicepen like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

We have removed it as it is redundant because the iOS settings bar. If there is demand for it I probably wouldn't mind putting it to Video Settings.

#3 vegeta897

vegeta897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

That's a shame. It wasn't redundant for me, because it was much easier to access than the iOS settings bar (and didn't interrupt playback). By that logic, the volume control is redundant because you can adjust it on the device and the settings bar.

Putting it in the video settings would be great!

• whatUwant likes this

#4 easternlethal

easternlethal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

yes please put it back because adjusting the brightness via the settings is a pain. I also dont see why you would assume that people would want to view their movies at the same brightness as the apps...

#5 Shrimpyaab

Shrimpyaab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

I would like it back too. As well as the contrast slider.

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

We may have gesture for brightness in future updates. As for the contrast slider, unfortunately there are serious bugs with iOS 9 where we had remove our custom renderer. Also we want to support picture in picture in future, and it is also not possible to do that with custom renderer so unfortunately the contrast feature is unlikely to return (due to technical reasons).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brightness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users