5 replies to this topic

#1 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

I've the lastest software/firmware on everything (iphone 5, apple tv2 and PC). Most of the time, Air Video works perfect; but when I watch a Blu-ra quality movie (12GB mkv file) with highest Air Video settings (10 Mbits/sec), Apple TV restarts itself in every 30 seconds. I can keep the movie playing on my iphone. So the issue seems to be related to the Apple TV. By the way, Air video tests my connection speed around 32 Mbits/sec.

Any ideas?

Thank you

• Larestads likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Is the video being converted or is it passed through? (is there a checkmark next to video information (that means passthrough)?

#3 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

It's passthrough; there is a check mark.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

By restart do you mean that the Apple TV actually reboots or is it just buffering? If it reboots then I'd say that the H.264 decoder in Apple TV is not capable of handling bitrate that high, also that really shouldn't cause restarts.

#5 ciguli

ciguli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

Nope, it definitely reboots. Buffering never happens.

Anything you can recommend other than lowering the bitrate (which by the way resolves the issue)?

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hi don't really have have anything. It's probably the original high bitrate H.264 stream that Apple TV decoder can't handle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users