gyuhosg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

subtilte option (font, size) was supported in old airvideo server

but airvideo hd server doesn't support subtitle options

i think server side subtltle encoding could support these options

please consider subtitle options before next update.

and grats airvideo hd release

#2 oRBIT2002

oRBIT2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

+1. I agree. Being able to change subtitle size would be nice.

#3 mipmap

mipmap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Agree as well. Ideally I'd like to be able to use the new subtitles in native iOS 7 playback (the ones with a slightly grey background, where the background's width is adapted to the subtitle's length) since I really like that look :-)

#4 Reality.Bites

Reality.Bites

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

The biggest change I want to subtitles is to be able to turn them OFF and keep them off globally. I have a lot of TV episodes with subtitles and it's really annoying to have to be playing a whole season and have to stop each one when it starts, find it, turn off the subtitles and restart it. 

• Shrimpyaab likes this

#5 Sunrise

Sunrise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

The biggest change I want to subtitles is to be able to turn them OFF and keep them off globally. I have a lot of TV episodes with subtitles and it's really annoying to have to be playing a whole season and have to stop each one when it starts, find it, turn off the subtitles and restart it. 

Yes, I also searched for that option.

That is indeed a problem when you´re watching a lot of content in sequence, because some people (like me) never really need subtitles, apart from rare cases where there would be an interview or such in a different language, which is subtitled. Then I would want to turn them ON, but in like 99,9% of all cases, I want them to be OFF.

The current behaviour probably has something to do with both how Air Video HD works internally, because it is a kind of "store the settings per file" approach (which is great for some content, but is annoying if there are movies that are split over several containers (Blu-Rays) or TV episodes you watch one after another as a single file) and because a global option for turning them off could interfere with the way some content (like DVDs, etc.) are meant to be viewed. Air Video HD would basically overwrite everything then, because you told it to turn it off globally. It still should be implemented, though, because it is a helpful (and time saving) addition.

#6 attiki77

attiki77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

i agree, PLEASE add (like in old version) subtitles size as its very difficult to see subtitles in the size they are.

#7 ryanissamson

ryanissamson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

A HUGE +1 Please let us DISABLE subtitles as a default. I only include them for the rare event when I am with someone who needs them or when I am watching media in a no noise environment. Please please please and thank you!

#8 eisa01

eisa01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

I would like to have the option of turning on and off the subtitle during playback as you can with the default Apple player. Other than that I'm very happy that you support subtitles without conversion properly, which Plex did not do :)

#9 ptjak9

ptjak9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Please add subtilte option (font, size) and option of turning on and off the subtitle during playback

Thanks.

#10 agilecoyote

agilecoyote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

When I push the subtitles through to my TV they appear with a grey rectangle behind them. It would be great to get rid of the rectangle.

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

The only way to get rid of the background is to configure subtitle style in Apple TV settings. Apple TV doesn't let us override the background.

#12 darekpoznan

darekpoznan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Please add support for subtitles in .txt format. (MicroDVD) - the most popular format in Poland.

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

Please add support for subtitles in .txt format. (MicroDVD) - the most popular format in Poland.

MicroDVD is supported of course (although I haven't tested it in a while), just rename the .txt to .sub. TXT extension is too ambiguous to use for subtitles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users