No, I let AVHD do everything.

#22 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

AirVideo HD is fine and no issues playing videos for hours. I restarted AirVideo HD several times, it lauches fine and is available from the internet.

Sorry for causing any unnecessary concerns.

RMcV

#23 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Ive tried the newest version also and seems to run great for me also. Let us know if you would like us to do more testing Admin.

#24 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

I've had some users report timeout issues where the stream would stop playing and they'd have to hit play again or back out and restart the file. I have a stack dump and logs that I can send over if needed/wanted. Server has been running since the 2nd non-stop with no issue before this. Thanks!

-Tim

#25 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Sounds like a possible crash. I'll look at the reports.

#26 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Actually, I have only one crash log for 1.0.16-beta4 (I assume that's the version you're using, right?) Can you send the logs to support (at) inmethod.com? Thanks

#27 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Actually, I have only one crash log for 1.0.16-beta4 (I assume that's the version you're using, right?) Can you send the logs to support (at) inmethod.com? Thanks

Logs and stack dump that were created right before reboot have just been sent over.

#28 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

I've had some users report timeout issues where the stream would stop playing and they'd have to hit play again or back out and restart the file. I have a stack dump and logs that I can send over if needed/wanted. Server has been running since the 2nd non-stop with no issue before this. Thanks!

-Tim

i have noticed this lately myself

#29 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

I have two more crashes for the 64 bit server. They both are in the xmpp client. The server restart during playback can cause timeouts. If I manage to reproduce the issue locally I'll fix it but it seems to be very intermittent. We have xmpp replacement in place already, it just needs a new client release. Hopefully we'll be able to retire the xmpp support soon.

#30 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

I have two more crashes for the 64 bit server. They both are in the xmpp client. The server restart during playback can cause timeouts. If I manage to reproduce the issue locally I'll fix it but it seems to be very intermittent. We have xmpp replacement in place already, it just needs a new client release. Hopefully we'll be able to retire the xmpp support soon.

Let me know if/when you need some testers!

-Tim

#31 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

Im down to test also

#32 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Anything new you need us to try out?

#33 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

not yet, we're busy with the client.

#34 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Awesome let us know when you do.

#35 el_Capitan

el_Capitan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I just noticed and issue. I leave my server on 24/7, and today after stopping a video from my iPhone, airvideo lost connection. I went to my console and tested connectivity from airvideo server and it couldnt reach outside. My server though had connectivity. I had to restart airvideo to get functionality back. Not sure if this is a big deal or not. I never paid mind in the past but since were testing here you go. my server has been up for at least a week or 2.

#36 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Could be problem with UPnP or NAT-PMP. Sometimes the port mappings expire even if they shouldn't.

#37 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

Just tried the new beta, definitely agree that the navigation and file loading seems much snappier! Wish I would have known about this, but it was hiding in this thread :)

#38 jcchu

jcchu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

I have used air video before and I just bought a new computer and am ready switch over to air video hd.

I have been reading posts in this forum about needing to install VLC for air video hd server to work correctly.

I am wondering why the old server didn't require this but the new one does?

Is it at all possible to not install vlc?

I use potplayer and kinda don't want to install another media player if I don't have to..

Sorry if this is an ignorant question. Thank you.

#39 RMcV

RMcV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

@ jcchu

I think the purpose of installing VLC is to give you more video and audio format support.

#40 jcchu

jcchu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

@ jcchu

I think the purpose of installing VLC is to give you more video and audio format support.

Uh.... I know that.....

I am just questioning what the difference between old and new server is....

I didn't have to install VLC before for air video to convert my most of my files without any issue. I don't understand why I have to do it now.

If possible, I would like to not install VLC. Perhaps just install codec packs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users