7 replies to this topic

#1 inseltraeumer

inseltraeumer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hi,

I think it'd be incredibly convenient to have gesture support for stuff like adjusting Brightness and volume and also to start and pause video playback.

The VLC player for iPad, for instance, allows you to change the brightness by swiping up/down on the left side of the screen, alter the volume level with the same gesture on the right hand side, and start or stop playback by tapping the screen with two fingers at once. You can also swipe right and left to skip forward and backward.

I find those gestures really convenient while watching a video on the iPad and accidentally try to use them every time I use Airvideo.

I'm sure this would be of great value to all users of Airvideo!

I'd appreciate any feedback!
  • WST1 and Larestads like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be doing some changes to the player interface, I'll consider the gestures.

#3 inseltraeumer

inseltraeumer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Thanks! I appreciate that a lot - I like it that you can get in touch directly with the dev(s) here!

#4 dkallan

dkallan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Yes! This has been requested before (http://forums.inmeth...ardback-in-time) and is still a hotly desirable feature: pause, play, slow, fast, advance/skip forward, replay/skip back, frame advance, etc. And, please, please, allow us to personalize different defaults for skip forward (+30sec) and back (-8sec).

#5 Lorccan

Lorccan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I'd be keen to see something like this, too.

Meantime, whilst I like the new interface I find having the controls at the bottom middle of the screen is just about the most inconvenient place on an iPad. In particular the +/- 30s controls would be better near the edge of the screen. I know this generally applies when holding the iPad, but I think quite a few people do that.

I don't know if it's possible, but one solution might be to allow skip fwd/back by touching right/left side of the playback image.

#6 rtraill

rtraill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Gestures like Videostream has would be great, the further left and right you swipe the further back or forwards you go.

I would also like to see more than the +/- 30s jumps, can you add 15s ones as well.  The would be plenty of room if you moved them a bit to the right of the bottom of the screen.  These are usually used for add skip and one often goes past the end of the add and need to go back a bit (even if you had only back 15s (or 10s)) it would be great.

#7 Helloworld99

Helloworld99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi guys! I'm using your app daily to watch all my shows and think this is a very quality work, so thanks! Just as users above (and I'm sure many more) I would really love to have an option to skip shorter time period - somewhere about 10 or 15 seconds. This time is usually absolutely enough to hear the last phrase or see some action you missed (in my case I'm watching sports and shows in foreign languages). 30 seconds is too long to wait and now when the last update doesn't have a rewind buttons I feel this has become quite an inconvenience. So either a rewind or even better two skip buttons for both 15 and 30 seconds both directions (or customizable duration of it's easier to I plement) would be much appreciated indeed.

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

We plan to have configurable skip time. For rewind press and hold the pause button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users