• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 momurray

momurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I have had Air Video for ages and it works fine on my iPad and 3GS. Bought HD today and it works on the iPad but not the 3GS.

Keep getting the "playback failed for xxxxxx". Basically fails on anything that actually needs converted on the 3GS. Converts and plays anything for the iPad. iPad was updated to iOS 7 today.

Same network, same Apple ID.

Am I missing something?
  • Tequila1pr likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

does this happen with Air Video HD 1.0.1 ? With 1.0.1 Do the videos still fail when you go to Settings and chose "Force Conversion"?

#3 momurray

momurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yes, they fail on force conversion as well. Only videos that are already in a format that works on the 3GS work.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Okay, that mean there something in the stream the iPhone can't handle. The problem is that I don't currently have any 3GS that I can test it with. I'll try to get one.

#5 momurray

momurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I obviously have one. Is there anything I can do to help?

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm afraid there isn't right now, at least until we have a version with possible fix to test.

#7 momurray

momurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok. Let me know when there is a version and I can test it. Luckily I have the original Air Video to fall back on.

#8 sjk

sjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEugene

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

The problem is that I don't currently have any 3GS that I can test it with. I'll try to get one.

Wish I had more to offer than mine that died a few weeks ago. :(
Air Video HD 1.0.2 (iPad 2 [iOS 7.0.2]), Air Video Server HD 1.0.9 (Mac mini [Early 2009, OS X 10.8.5]), 802.11g/n WLAN

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Well, mine mysteriously disappeared from my luggage at JFK, alongside with bunch of iPods 

#10 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

I am having exactly the same problem - iPad works, 3gs phone doesn't.

#11 lockjaws

lockjaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Am experiencing the same issues as above folks, Ipad works, Iphone 5 works but the 3gs does not work "playback failed"

#12 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Bump

Is there a resolution to this problem yet?

Thanks,

A

• Sunrise likes this

#13 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Sorry, it completely slipped my mind. But I still don't have any 3GS device. Also the thing is, once we have full support with iOS 7 Air Video HD will not be able to run on iOS 6 and 3GS can not be upgraded to iOS 7.

#14 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Sure that may be, but is it supposed to work now?

When it comes time for you to drop support of the older device, we unfortunate ones that still have them could just not update and stick with the version of Air Video HD that works on IOS 6.

#15 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Well, the previous post was just a heads up. The issue here is server side, so once it get fixed it will work with any client version. I'm currently waiting for the actual device to get delivered, but once I have my hands on it it wouldn't take long to fix this.

#16 lockjaws

lockjaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

Sorry, it completely slipped my mind. But I still don't have any 3GS device. Also the thing is, once we have full support with iOS 7 Air Video HD will not be able to run on iOS 6 and 3GS can not be upgraded to iOS 7.

So you are saying I bought Air video HD from the Apple app store, specifically for my 3 GS. Only not to be able to use it for months and now be told you will be dropping it ?

So how would one go about claiming my refund and revomal off your app from my account as I have purchased an app you clearly just outlined doesn't work for the 3GS and hasn't done for many months now. Also you just stated you are not planning for it to work on the 3GS but soley for IOS 7 which the 3GS does not support.

on the app store it clearly states

Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

This will be fixed (it is an issue with server, not client) and there will be a client version that you can use with iPhone 3GS. However future client versions will only work on iOS 7. 

#18 fabianoloureiro

fabianoloureiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

i m waiting for the fix.

i buy this app today, but its doesnt work on my iphone 3gs (so sad.)

#19 lockjaws

lockjaws

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath we have been waiting for a fix for months now, just get a refund from apple Itunes through their refund service.

#20 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

It's taking longer then expected. Last (used) 3GS I bought was not working, I'm currently waiting for another one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users