4 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Just got a text from son - can't log in. Is the server up. It is. I check the iMac AVHD server and it is up. The PIN is different than what has been up and running for many months. I give him the is PIN and all works on his end.

Why would the PIN change itself?

• WalterPt likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

It shouldn't really, unless something changed / deleted or overwrote Air Video Server HD preferences.

#3 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Nothing on this computer. The only thing is the AVHD Prefs window pops up randomly as I mentioned in this thread

Otherwise as I said my son called that he couldn't login. And I actually have the PIN number on my iPhone Notes app if I'm not home and there is an issue. So he called and got error regarding PIN trying to access this computer that is up 24/7 and he and my other son use daily from where they live. And I've been using Air Video now for has to be 4 years.

And the new PIN since installing AVHD and buying the new App. What is that, just over a year or so? So  I then Opened AVHD Prefs on the iMac to tell him and yup different PIN. I compare it to the original in my Notes app - different. Changed all by itself. No AVHD crashes, no software updates to iMac, no iMac crashes - the most stable computer. Running 10.9.1 (13B42).

And as I mentioned in the thread, the AVHD prefs window pops up randomly on my MacBook Pro too. Did it this morning. And that computer is not used other than internally with AVHD by me sometimes. 

But I can assure you - the PIN changed all by itself on the iMac.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi,

I'll look at the properties window opening, although that should be unrelated. Can you please send me the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create Archive from logs) to support (at) inmethod.com ? Thanks.

#5 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Sent admin - with reference to this thread.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users