Photo

Share Addition / Removal

folder sharing folders adding shares removing shares deleting shares adding folders deleting folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glitch82

Glitch82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

This is my 2nd feature request. In another topic, I asked for file deletion. While not as important to me, but maybe so for others, it would also be great if one could add or remove folders to share from within the Air Video HD app. I realize the security implications, but perhaps this would only be allowed in Multi User mode and perhaps it would be a privilege that would be selectable for individual accounts from within the server application.

The way I envision it, upon installing and configuring the server app, and in the event you select Multi User mode, in addition to setting the password for each user you would be allowed to select whether that user had the ability to add or remove shares (for themselves). Then, if a user with the required privileges logs into an Air Video HD server from an iPhone or iPad, they could enumerate a list of drives and directories from within the app and choose which folders to share or unshare right from within the client app.

In an even more powerful implementation, perhaps there would be an Administrator privilege for users that would allow the computer owner to add or remove shares for other users from within the client app, as well as escalate other users' privileges. Basically, install the server app and setup a single user account, and allow that account to create more users, add or remove shares for all or individual users, or even escalate users to allow them the same (or slightly lower) privileges, all from within the iPhone or iPad client app!

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

This does seem like a bit of a corner-case to me. It is also already doable using VNC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: folder sharing, folders, adding shares, removing shares, deleting shares, adding folders, deleting folders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users