• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mipmap

mipmap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have some mp4 files where I've embedded both DTS audio and AAC and/or AC-3 audio. On my iPad this results in "Streamer encountered a general stream error" for these files which means I cannot watch them. I'm not 100% sure it is the inclusion of the DTS track which causes the error but I suspect it since so far it seems to be the only common thing for these files.

So just to make it clear: I don't want to listen to the DTS tracks using Air Video HD, the track is only there for other devices to use :-)

Attaching server logs (had to manually remove some old stuff since the compressed archive was too big for attaching here).

Attached Files

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I don't think our demuxer supports DTS audio in MP4. I'm actually not sure such file is even valid. Still it probably shouldn't fail like this. However I'd need a sample to take a look. If you can provide one please upload it to

http://www.mediafire...54ce133b8c0cb0b

#3 mipmap

mipmap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Uploaded two smallish sample files, both handled the same on my side: Aladdin.m4v & The Lion King.m4v. Both have 1 DTS and 1 AAC audio track, and both fail when streamed although slightly differently (streaming is set to disable direct streaming over local Wifi, and H.264 video over local Wifi is set to Optimistic mode).

The Lion King.m4v shows up OK in the browser on the iPad and shows both audio tracks. However, trying to play the DTS audio results in an error, and using the AAC audio results in file playing but with "Loading" progress bar superimposed on top of the video.

Aladdin.m4v gets no icon in the browser, no audio tracks to select, and trying to play it results in never-ending "Loading".

I do think DTS in mp4 is part of the standard nowadays although still a bit unusual, but for example VLC has no trouble handling it. That doesn't mean anything really since VLC happily accepts whatever tracks in the containers, but Quicktime also has no problem playing the files, although only the AAC track is available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DTS, mp4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users