• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

I'll check on this. Please ping this thread tomorrow. We should have everything in place for the initial build. 

Note that Air Video Server HD for Linux is lot more complicated to build compared to Linux version of the original Air Video Server. It also doesn't use ffmpeg (with the exception of certain codecs and wtv demuxer)

• IceIceBird and skyfancy like this

#62 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I'll check on this. Please ping this thread tomorrow. We should have everything in place for the initial build. 

Note that Air Video Server HD for Linux is lot more complicated to build compared to Linux version of the original Air Video Server. It also doesn't use ffmpeg (with the exception of certain codecs and wtv demuxer)

we are waiting! :)

I was already impatient to test and create rpm

• IceIceBird likes this

#63 kemko

kemko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

tomorrow never comes?

#64 skyfancy

skyfancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

I really wait for this!!!!

#65 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

Update: Sorry for the delay. The code is complete for initial release, but it is targeted for the 2.1 server release, which is still very much work in progress. Rather then waiting for 2.1, we decided that we'll backport the changes to our 2.0 branch instead, hopefully it shouldn't be much work. We'll start doing this on Monday.

#66 IceIceBird

IceIceBird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:05 AM

Update: Sorry for the delay. The code is complete for initial release, but it is targeted for the 2.1 server release, which is still very much work in progress. Rather then waiting for 2.1, we decided that we'll backport the changes to our 2.0 branch instead, hopefully it shouldn't be much work. We'll start doing this on Monday.

Ever though about making use of apples Testflight project?
Maybe you could have a public beta testing of the app with the new 2.1 server suport. And in this specific case, beta testing of the Linux Server and the app itself.

Like this you can have two versions at once, one stable and then the test/beta version..

Just a thought!

#67 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

We don't need testflight for the server. The client will work with both server version. The only issue is that the 2.1 branch can not currently even be passed as alpha, it's quite unstable. That's why we can't make 2.1 server releases yet.

#68 riyad

riyad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

So exciting... can't wait!

#69 awisur

awisur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

Very much looking forward to seeing this available! If there's any possibility of beta testing to get this sooner I'd be happy to provide useful feedback. ;-)

I would like to betatest this aswell, running Ubuntu 14.04 x64

Any Update?

#70 shali

shali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:25 PM

+1 on a headless linux version. Config via a file or http console.

#71 IceIceBird

IceIceBird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

Running Linux Mint and this is the final piece of software that I'm missing right now to switch over completely from Windows to Linux. I'm so tired of Windows nowadays ;)

#72 NeechBear

NeechBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

Mini ping :-)

Is a download likely before Christmas do you think?

#73 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

I sure hope so :) If everything goes right we should have 2.1.0-alpha1 available for OS X and Windows tomorrow, and the Linux build should be the very next thing.

#74 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Okay guys, you can give it a shot, the server announcement is available here.

• IceIceBird likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users