73 replies to this topic

#21 menghan

menghan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

+1 for this feature

Release even buggy ones will be great help, we can contribute on it.

#22 t3rminus

t3rminus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

+1 from me, too!

I will upgrade from AirVideo to AirVideo HD the minute I can run a gui-less server on my linux box (I bought the box to act mainly as an AirVideo server...)

#23 charlybones

charlybones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

+1.

I've yet to purchase AirVideoHD. I was pretty happy to support AirVideo when it came out. But until some sort of Linux daemon is released so I can run on my server I can't upgrade. 

Regards, and thanks for the great product. 

#24 nacat78

nacat78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

+1

I have been using Air Video on my linux based NAS Server for all the Ipads in the house and Apple TV would be awesome to have an AirVideo HD Version for linux, would be great to be able to create multiple user accounts with selective sharing/access.

#25 E71

E71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

+1

Need gui-less, java-less Air Video HD Server demon for my CentOS 6 box.

#26 BE77Y

BE77Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Why would you need java-less? 

Aside from that - any chance of a reply from the Admin on this topic - even if it's negative? 

#27 E71

E71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Why would you need java-less? 

Because we do not install Java on any of our machines or servers.

It's a security risk and... well, personally I have an aversion towards it.

The only reason I'm interested in Air Video Server HD is that unlike it's predecessor, it's free of Java and bringing it back for a linux version would be extremely disappointing.

#28 ajmas

ajmas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Java as security on the server side is generally overblown and not much greater than php or many other server side languages. In saying that, all operating environments should always be monitored for potential exploits - shear parionia will only ensure a system devoid of any useful applications. 

Having the server side command-line only would be the only real requirement, since the rest is Java for the handling of the communication and ffmpeg for the transcoding. Does the modified ffmpeg code compile on Linux?

#29 ClonyXXL

ClonyXXL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

+1 for this feature

#30 KorP

KorP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

+1 for this feature

#31 E71

E71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

Java as security on the server side is generally overblown and not much greater than php or many other server side languages. In saying that, all operating environments should always be monitored for potential exploits - shear parionia will only ensure a system devoid of any useful applications. 

Having the server side command-line only would be the only real requirement, since the rest is Java for the handling of the communication and ffmpeg for the transcoding. Does the modified ffmpeg code compile on Linux?

I doubt there are any coding requirements that make Java a must, I'm fairly certain they can use C++ or something else.

#32 asdfha

asdfha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Please help me get this on Linux. I am stuck with the old version of Air Video and I have been dying to give my money to InMethod in exchange for the new Air Video HD. My media server only runs Ubuntu Linux.

LINUX SERVER PLEASE!

#33 nacat78

nacat78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Please help me get this on Linux. I am stuck with the old version of Air Video and I have been dying to give my money to InMethod in exchange for the new Air Video HD. My media server only runs Ubuntu Linux.

LINUX SERVER PLEASE!

I am in the same boat here, any devs? is there a status or timeline on AirVideo Server HD for linux?

#34 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Update: We had a meeting today discussing this. The work on linux server port should start in few weeks (depending on how fast we'll be able to wrap up current tasks). The initial version should be headless (no UI) and have simple configuration file interface.

• gyre, E71, BE77Y and 2 others like this

#35 nacat78

nacat78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Update: We had a meeting today discussing this. The work on linux server port should start in few weeks (depending on how fast we'll be able to wrap up current tasks). The initial version should be headless (no UI) and have simple configuration file interface.

will the linux version have the same capabilities as the windows version, such as muti-user logins with access to different files...?

#36 Xor

Xor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Great news! :)

Then its soon time for me to purchase HD. I think headless is the best choice anyway as a lot of people use a linuxserver without desktop or even monitor.
Thanks a lot for doing this linux version! I will eagerly watch this thread!

#37 costabunny

costabunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

+1 me watching this one - ready for alpha/beta testing too :) 

#38 bpsystems

bpsystems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

+1

Looking forward to HD streaming :)

#39 lstein

lstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Very happy to hear this.

#40 E71

E71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

Super happy to hear this. Thanks guys.

A simple config file based demon is just what I'm after.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users