• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 syth

syth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Air Video HD stopped responding and when I checked, said there was a new version available. When I clicked "download and install" it downloaded, then said the update was protected by a password.

#2 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Are you sure this is not the windows prompt if you are not logged in as an administrator to apply an install? I just did the update and did not have any prompt like that.

Can you capture a screen image?

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

There shouldn't be any password prompt. Is that on Windows or a Mac?

#4 syth

syth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Are you sure this is not the windows prompt if you are not logged in as an administrator to apply an install? I just did the update and did not have any prompt like that.

Can you capture a screen image?

Not a windows prompt since I don't run Windows. Also, not an OS X prompt. I did not capture a screen image, but I entered "Airvideo" after a bit and the prompt went away and 1.0.14 installed. Seems to be running, but accessing it locally is not working. I have three Local addresses listed in the Server Status, all in different Class Bs of 10/8 (10.0.0.x, 10.211.55.x and 10.37.129.x) which is very odd.

Remote access works.

#5 mipmap

mipmap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Same thing here on my MacBook, upgrading from 1.0.10. No password request when I updated my Mac mini, but when installing on the Macbook I got this weird panel (no screenshot, sorry!) which I've never seen before. Not the regular OSX panel asking for an admin password or anything like that, just a single input field and the message saying something like "This update is locked" or "...protected", can't remember exactly. I was afraid something unsafe was going on so I clicked the Cancel button, whereupon the installation continued and the app update seems to have gone OK (says 1.0.14 in About panel).

Edit: Just wanted to add that the new version works fine, both locally and remotely.

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

it could be dialog from Sparkle (library that Air Video Server HD uses for autoupdates on OS X). Perhaps it needs administration password to write into /Applications. You can always download the latest version manually and put it there yourself though.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

Not a windows prompt since I don't run Windows. Also, not an OS X prompt. I did not capture a screen image, but I entered "Airvideo" after a bit and the prompt went away and 1.0.14 installed. Seems to be running, but accessing it locally is not working. I have three Local addresses listed in the Server Status, all in different Class Bs of 10/8 (10.0.0.x, 10.211.55.x and 10.37.129.x) which is very odd.

Remote access works.

Those two other IP addresses might be from virtual machine perhaps? So you are able to access the server from outside your network but not while you're connected to the WiFi?

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

Actually, about the password, it looks like it might be a quirk in sparkle (I found references to it in other forums). Does it accept empty password?

#9 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

Saw this thread so I ran Check for Updates - I'm on an iMac right now - the updates available window came up with the list - I clicked update and the update ran perfectly - zero password requests and AVHD installed and relaunched fine. Now 1.0.14 OS Mavericks 10.9.1

I manually installed 1.0.14 on a MacBook Pro - deleted the older AVHD - dragged 1.0.14 into applications. No issues there that way either. That computer running 10.9.2

Accessing either computer via iPhone AVHD app working fine on both.

What is the folder Breakpad in the top level of the Users/Library folder?

#10 RodgerW

RodgerW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

My experience: Updated through menu icon (OS X 10.91) , the sparkle icon popped up on the dock but no issues and update went smoothly.

iMac 27-inch (Late 2013) • OS X 10.11.3 (15D21) • Air Video Server HD (2.2.1u1) • Air Video HD (2.1.4)

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Breakpad is an error reporting tool that older Air Video Server HD versions used (1.0.14 doesn't use it anymore). It should make a toplevel folder though. Although it might be created by some other software, Air Video Server HD is not the only product using breakpad.

#12 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thanks. The nay folder within Breakpad is one for AV Server HD

I like to clean up now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users