5 replies to this topic

#1 AcidBase96

AcidBase96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

I have configured my Air Server HD on my Mac but when I try to access my server via my iPhone over wifi in other network or 4G, I get this error :

An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made

What should I do ? 

• GeraldRori, hdfmpldz1, Uexpindy and 1 other like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

this usually happens when the connection can be established but the data transfer is truncated. I'm not sure what causes this in your cases, there are multiple possible reasons (i.e. router doing something wrong, firewall on the other WiFi, etc).

#3 AcidBase96

AcidBase96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I am able to run the air video server (previous version) on the same machine without any problems. 

Same port forwarding done etc. What could be wrong then? 

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Older Air Video doesn't use SSL. If there is any change in the data being transferred it might not get detected. Can you send the logs from Air Video Server HD (Create archive from logs) to support (at) inmethod.com ?

#5 twitzgall

twitzgall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

I've had this happen a couple times. Simply quitting the server and re-opening it clears the error. I'm unable to narrow down a cause just yet.

As I've found this is tough to deal w/ when on-the-go, I also installed Team Viewer on my computer so I can access my computer from my iPhone to take care of this remotely.

Version: Air Video Server HD 1.0.14

Server: iMac Intel 2.16 C2D

ISP: wowway.com (30/5)

Client: iPhone 5 (AT&T)

#6 Dany_ehrenbrink

Dany_ehrenbrink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

I have exactly the same issue, but it is not an issue that is on the server's end.

I have 2 iPADs, the original 1 running 5.1.1 IOS with the original Air video app.

I have updated the server throughout using it to the latest beta version that is currently used ( 246beta3).

The Ipad 1 never had an issue, the app works fine with no issue. ( app is up to date as well).

I have bought a new ipad Air 2 running 8.1.1 IOS and found that it seems to not run the original air video app anymore.

So I went and bought the Air Video HD app, knowing that there have never been issues with the original app to date.

So the same running server serving my ipad 1 with the original app fine does not even establish a connection.

The app does not check the local network for any servers and when given the IP and correct port ( 45633 is default > the server run on 45631 ( windows 7 64bit) ), the error message shows up ( SSL secure connection could not be established).

The suggested tests with the browser show that the server and the each ipad is able to have a connection. ( "Air video" response in the upper right hand corner)

It seems to me that the HD app is at fault here as the server is the same and works fine with the orginal NON-HD app.

I have also tried to downgrade to 2.4.3, to set a password and change the port on the server end to 45633 to no change.

Can you please advise what to test next for you to pin point the issue so you can please correct it ? Again I was most pleased with the first app and if having a choice for my ipad air 2 I would go with it, but it does not load.

-= NEVER MIND =- I was running the old Air video server NOT the HD one. You might want to clarify that somewhere :).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users