• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 darth2499

darth2499

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

I love this on my iPhone and back in the old days of when Airvideo was around I saw people making windows and mac apps so people can enjoy their service on the Mac or Windows when they are at home. I really wish you guys would develop a Mac app so I don't have to watch it on the iPhone when Im at home in front of the computer.

• ricardoks60, mate and Essayspefe like this

#2 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

If you're at home in front of the computer - why do you need an app to watch? Just open the video file on the computer - no?

#3 Glitch82

Glitch82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Maybe he's using a friend's server? Or, it's possible that the server is at a different home or a relative's. The least likely scenario is that he has multiple computers at home and the one he archives his movies to isn't the one he mainly wishes to view movies on, or, he chooses to download on a single PC but likes watching on multiple desktops.

However, based on how the original post was worded, it seems likely that he simply forgot he could just open the files on his computer. Or, perhaps he's unaware he can, or since Air Video handles many formats, he's viewing file formats that QuickTime can't open without a 3rd party plugin.

#4 cloudconectd

cloudconectd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

I actually second this. When I travel it's nice to pop open my MacBook Pro and watch something on the bigger screen with larger speakers rather than use my iPad. Some "share your iOS device screen to your mac" solutions don't handle AirVideo HD well. Also, if you are traveling sometimes it's easier to get a decent ethernet connection over a semi-cruddy wifi connection, and again... larger screen, better speakers, etc. 

I certainly don't think this is a MUST HAVE, but it would be a great nice to have feature. Also, simple... nothing crazy, just browse server and watch.

#5 ikir

ikir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

I really want that too, a native Mac App Store client would be awesome and i would buy it again! Please make it :)

#6 krause28

krause28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

My kids are in college and have macbooks...so it would be really nice to have a client.  I also would not mind it for business travel.

#7 Danny

Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

My kids are in college and have macbooks...so it would be really nice to have a client.  I also would not mind it for business travel.

If they don't have iPhone/iPad - what don't you activate Back to my Mac assuming your on a Mac too. Then they can just access your computer and access the content simply?

Get them an iPhone/iPad?  :D

#8 mpearce

mpearce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

I'd also buy this! - the feature of AirVideo is transcoding into lower bandwidth versions. The copy I watch on the road using hotel wifi isn't going to be the copy I have on my AppleTV at home.

#9 tenthrow

tenthrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I stingily agree, I have some crappy "Stream to me" app installed with it's own server because I want to be able to stream to my desktop at work. I hate it so much. Even a crappy desktop client would be something I would gladly pay for.

#10 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

I too would pay considerably for something like this! Windows version :)

#11 pistolpete

pistolpete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

A native Mac App would be a great addition to this awesome product. LMK if this is possible.

#12 zchow

zchow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

+1 for this, Samba or AFP always sucks.

#13 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

+1 on a Windows & Mac app.

#14 bodhi

bodhi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

For someone who lives in both the Mac and Windows worlds, I would love to see a Mac and Windows client.  My Air Video HD server is on a windows computer.  My htpc is a windows box as well as computers at work and my family's computers.  My main pc is a Mac at home.  Air Video HD works so simply and well, I'd love to use it on more than my iphone.

#15 Deadpixel

Deadpixel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

I came here looking, specifically, to see if this was an option. I've got my server setup on my Windows system but would love to be able to watch from my MacBook easily, either on the network or remote.

#16 rogo43

rogo43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I want a mac client so badly. this would be the greatest addition to the software and i would absolutely buy it no matter what the price. 

#17 jmmo20

jmmo20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

so after years or reading people say "why do you need a mac client? use a video app" I thought I'd finally give my 5 cents in this regard.

You know that there is this option to set up a remotely accesible air video server right? that way when you are on the go you can use your phone or tablet to see your videos? Well, now imagine you also had a laptop computer and wanted to see your movies (downloaded in your home server) while you are on the road on a business trip !! outrageous :) I'm sure I'm not the only one that currently does this.

So I use my ipad most of the time, but those times when I actually carry my macbook pro, I'd love to see the movies in my laptop and not the ipad.. call me old fashioned but the bigger the screen the happier I am.

is it really that hard to make? I mean, you already have the ipad version, can't you just take the code from xCode and adapt it to a mac app?

its sad that after so many years and after having paid for both air video and air video hd, this is still lacking.

#18 jmmo20

jmmo20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

If they don't have iPhone/iPad - what don't you activate Back to my Mac assuming your on a Mac too. Then they can just access your computer and access the content simply?

Get them an iPhone/iPad?  :D

well for starters back to my mac barely works. when it works speeds are so pathetically slow. And it's BTMM fault because I can use a normal VPN server and speeds are 10-fold faster.

but then, how often does a hotel wifi give you enough decent bandwidth to watch a movie ?

#19 Gamersbbs

Gamersbbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

I agree!  I would pay separately for each app especially if there were a native Mac App and Windows App!  I would love to watch my media on my work computer during lunch.  Also it would be nice on my MacBook Pro with a larger screen than my iPad when traveling.

Thanks,

Tony

#20 di11ard

di11ard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

+1 on this request.

I'd purchase a mac client app if available.

If no interest in making a client app... Is there any interest in providing an SDK/plugin/documentation to "roll our own" OSX client application?

• adrummond7 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users