• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 iproon

iproon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

i've got this software yesterday,but i'm confused about the settings,it remind this:upnp port mapping not possible,the server is not reachable directly from the internet.i didn't find anything helpful,

please help me figure this out step by step.

opearting system of my computer is windows7 x64 

and the software will be used on LAN for now

• AnthonyFiz and suellap like this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi,

that error is only relevant when connecting over internet. From your description I assume that you're unable to connect over local network?

• AnthonyFiz and iproon like this

#3 iproon

iproon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

Hi,

that error is only relevant when connecting over internet. From your description I assume that you're unable to connect over local network?

nope,the computer and ipad are connecting to the internet through the same AP. i won't use this through internet,i just want to share local resource to other guys.LAN is  good enough, can we achieve this?

i noticed there is a tip said this:install vlc2.0.... is this software necessary?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

• AnthonyFiz likes this

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Depends on whether the other guys are on same network as you are. VLC is only necessary for codecs that you system does not support. Whether you need it depends on what codecs you have already installed and what kind of media you have.

If you have issues connecting over local network the most likely cause is a software firewall (most often third party software firewalls) blocking the Air Video Server HD.

• iproon likes this

#5 iproon

iproon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

1   i got mkv,avi,mp4 to share,i can play these videos with my computer

2   we are on the same wireless network and i'm sure about this

i have shut all firewall stuffs down,cancel remote access option.when i click the "test connection" ,it show me this information : can't connect to verification server

i use air video free on ipad to test this software working or not,is this suit air play hd?

can you tell me your email address?  do you have manual of this software? if you do ,please send that to silenthere@icloud.com

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

Air Video free only works with the older Air Video server, we don't currently have free version for Air Video HD. 

As for email, you can use support (at) inmethod.com

Our verification server is up and running. The error would means that something is rather aggressively blocking the Air Video Server HD software (so that it can't even connect to verification server).

• iproon likes this

#7 iproon

iproon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

OK,i got it.
is verification always required?
What if I just download the software ,then I can't connect to the internet,will this system still working?
What's different between air video hd and air video? I saw these two both selling in App Store.

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi,

Air Video (the original) is now mostly intended for older devices that are unable to upgrade to latest firmware version. 

Air Video HD can work without internet connection (of course the Connection Test will not work)

#9 iproon

iproon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

air video hd should better than air video for ios 7,can we say that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users