Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

no admin there ? ... :(

#42 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2573 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

Admin is here of course. Metadata support is the next big priority and is being worked on, but it is a huge task.

• tdoane78 likes this

#43 DavidScott

DavidScott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

How about adopting the same metadata that iTunes uses? That way you'd get the same information compatible with iTunes on Mac & PC, the built-in Video App on iOS devices, and the Air Video App. You can easily add the metadata using a desktop App like Subler.app

#44 Svend Dellepude

Svend Dellepude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Metadata support (including support for cover art) would really make the app so much better to use with movie libraries...

It doesn't have to link up to a big fancy centralized database. It would be great "just" to have added support for reading a .jpg file in the same folder (and with the same filename) as the movie file.

Also, from the same folder the app could look for a .txt file with the same filename, containing the IMDb title id, which the app (through of the many APIs out there) can use to extract and show a lot of useful movie information.

• Svend Dellepude likes this

#45 Sub

Sub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Signed in just to bump this.. long time user, very happy with your product! Thank you!

I previously used Apple's front row and all we did there was add a Preview.jpg cover art file in the directory with the video files. If we could just create folder cover art based on that, it would be ideal for me, and I cant imagine its too hard to implement. It would make browsing the content much easier.

I'm sure a many already have downloaded cover art in their video file directories, and it would be a nice programmatic stepping stone to fully automated cover art services..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users