Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

no admin there ? ... :(

#42 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2584 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:32 PM

Admin is here of course. Metadata support is the next big priority and is being worked on, but it is a huge task.

• tdoane78 likes this

#43 DavidScott

DavidScott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

How about adopting the same metadata that iTunes uses? That way you'd get the same information compatible with iTunes on Mac & PC, the built-in Video App on iOS devices, and the Air Video App. You can easily add the metadata using a desktop App like Subler.app

#44 Svend Dellepude

Svend Dellepude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Metadata support (including support for cover art) would really make the app so much better to use with movie libraries...

It doesn't have to link up to a big fancy centralized database. It would be great "just" to have added support for reading a .jpg file in the same folder (and with the same filename) as the movie file.

Also, from the same folder the app could look for a .txt file with the same filename, containing the IMDb title id, which the app (through of the many APIs out there) can use to extract and show a lot of useful movie information.

• Svend Dellepude likes this

#45 Sub

Sub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Signed in just to bump this.. long time user, very happy with your product! Thank you!

I previously used Apple's front row and all we did there was add a Preview.jpg cover art file in the directory with the video files. If we could just create folder cover art based on that, it would be ideal for me, and I cant imagine its too hard to implement. It would make browsing the content much easier.

I'm sure a many already have downloaded cover art in their video file directories, and it would be a nice programmatic stepping stone to fully automated cover art services..

#46 Marcello

Marcello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

+10 for this idea.
Also user of this app for long time and I love all in this app (gpu acceleration, functionality, speed, etc..)
But it is real that metadata function would be extraordinary and make a + for the app.
I'm also ready to pay for this.
Thank you anyway and hope somebody from inmethod would read this post.
Marcello

#47 jojovee

jojovee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:18 AM

Registered just so I could add to this feature request. Would love the ability to have coverart in the app, even a very simple one like a jpg file that can be placed manually in the folder or something. Browsing white folders is so boring. Can't believe it would be that hard to implement since this request goes back to 2013. It's been 4 years now and we're still waiting?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users