Photo

Orientation Lock when browsing for videos. + No Conversion Downloads.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darth2499

darth2499

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just like the old Air Video app I would like an option to disable orientation only when finding for videos and changing the setting. This is because I usually watch videos when lying on the bed and makes it harder now for me to browse through them when before it was in portrait mode only.

Also is it possible in the future to directly download a video without converting and watching it on our iPhones or iPads? I know one app which does similar things to Air Video HD but instead of converting them I can watch avi by downloading directly from it.

#2 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Are you saying you want to have the listings/settings locked into portrait mode, even while you watching the video in landscape? Doesn't that mean you would be viewing the listings and settings sideways?

#3 darth2499

darth2499

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Are you saying you want to have the listings/settings locked into portrait mode, even while you watching the video in landscape? Doesn't that mean you would be viewing the listings and settings sideways?

No I mean when browsing the videos in the listing like they did in the old Air Video. I still want the video player to be landscape and not portrait, just an option to disable landscape in the video list. (Basically only portrait mode option when not watching a video)

#4 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Right! Didn't it bug you in the old app that you after watching a video and returning to the listings, you would have to either:

A - turn your device back into portrait mode or
B - read everything sideways since it didn't rotate into landscape mode with the video

So I take it you used to do option B?

#5 darth2499

darth2499

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

Right! Didn't it bug you in the old app that you after watching a video and returning to the listings, you would have to either:

A - turn your device back into portrait mode or
B - read everything sideways since it didn't rotate into landscape mode with the video

So I take it you used to do option B?

Most likely B since I usually watch it in bed so I have my phone sideways. I just lie on my bed with the phone in landscape and never turn it back into portrait. But the point is I miss that "feature".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users