20 replies to this topic

#1 wgfree

wgfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

HI,

Every time that I need to use Air Video HD i have to quit the air video server on Windows and then start it again.

Thus the air video on ipad can recognize the server and acess. But after a while (could it be 2h or 20 min) the server still running normal but the ipad cannot find the server on local network. So i have again to quit the server and start it up again.

Im usinf Windows 8, Ipad 2.

I tried HD version 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 beta 3.

I bought the both programs (old one and the new HD) and its happens on both versions.

Thank you for the support,

Willians

• GeraldRori likes this

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

your log contains your public IP address, it is not a good idea to post it publicly. As for the problem, do you have any 3rd party firewall or other security software installed? 

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Also are when that happen, are you able to connect to the old Air Video Server using Server PIN?

#4 wgfree

wgfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

With the old one i never used the pin, i guess...

I am just using AVG AntiVirus without firewall and the Windows firewall.

#5 wgfree

wgfree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ok, after you asked me abou the firewall i went to check about it in windows firewall. It was only allowed for public net. I changed to both net and now it is running ok. No problem at all until now.

Thank you in advanced.

#6 tbar999

tbar999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I tested the HD version last night. Have it running alongside the old Air Video (as both a server on my Windows 7 box and on my IOS 6 clients).

Lost connection 25 minutes into a movie. Ran rest of movie easily using Air Video. Have just tried: stopping and starting the server. No joy. Quitting and restarting the server. No joy. Closing and reopening the client. No joy. Closing the client, killing its stub, and then restarting. The last effort worked: movie now runs on Air Video HD. Not clear at this point whether any of the prior actions before the last were required to correct the problem. Note: ALL of this activity was going on within the home network. Access was local; not remote.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

If this happens with the latest server version (still not pushed by automatic updates for windows, we'll have to wait for next version with this) can you please try connecting to the server IP address directly?

#8 starmanfr

starmanfr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hi,

I got the same problem.

I used old Air Video for 2 years, and it still working very well what ever i have trouble with Air Video HD, on same computer.

More details: 
For professional reasons, i have two internet connections at home, one on DSL and one with Cable TV (so two differents IP)  One is  connected to a Win7 32 Laptop (I7) and the other internet connection (Cable) is on Win7 64 Laptop (I7). All with latest version of VLC. Old Air video is working very well for 2 years on each systems/Providers).

My problem:
Everytime i let Airvideo HD idle for a while (30mn to 1hour), on each laptops (so i have one client HD beta 1.0.7 on each system with different pincode), it always after idle, says it can't connect to the servers, any of them from my ipad (local, remote, 3g and Iphone (so yes, i have two servers listed in air video HD app in my ipad). None of them , what ever my internet provider are (DSL and Cable), and laptop, it just dont worked. When i check on both computers the "connection test", it says "Server is accesible from Internet", but got no succes in remote, even on local or 3G. At the same time, old air video still working very well on all of my systems/providers. So for sure, this is not my laptops and not even a problem from my connections. Because that would means both my routers and laptop have a problem, even Old air video is ok on them.

So only solution i found, is to quit client server HD, then re-start them every time the problem happens. The poblem showed first 30mn of use, then i used new 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 versions without any succes.
How can i help, what kind of infos do you need more to fix this ?

Best,
Denis

#9 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi,

when this happens, what response do you get when you navigate to

http://localhost:45633/verify

on the computer running Air Video Server HD?

#10 starmanfr

starmanfr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Hi,

when this happens, what response do you get when you navigate to

http://localhost:45633/verify

on the computer running Air Video Server HD?

IT says unable to access the requested page.

Does it means my router have a wrong port setting ?  

Thanks for your help.

Denis

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

IT says unable to access the requested page.

Does it means my router have a wrong port setting ?  

Thanks for your help.

Denis

If you can't connect to localhost (on computer running Air Video Server HD) there is other problem, port forwarding won't help here. Will this give any response at least right after server restart?

#12 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

it was the subtitle file that caused the crash. I'll look into that. Thanks1

#13 starmanfr

starmanfr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

If you can't connect to localhost (on computer running Air Video Server HD) there is other problem, port forwarding won't help here. Will this give any response at least right after server restart?

Hi again,
After restarting AirVideo HD, local host says: " ServerId=94d2927f9e1523ad068de2636fd21e5f4c7d5478"

#14 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Which Air Video Server version do you have installed? Does this still happen with 1.0.7.3? Can you confirm that the localhost URL works and then it stops working after some time?

#15 starmanfr

starmanfr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Which Air Video Server version do you have installed? Does this still happen with 1.0.7.3? Can you confirm that the localhost URL works and then it stops working after some time?

Hi again :)

Yes i'm using 1.0.7.3, While it doesn't respond on my ipad and iphone4G, the server TEST CONNECTION still says "Server is accessible from Internet. At the same time, the Host "http://localhost:45633/verify" says it can't reach the requested page. If i quit AirVideoHD and re-start it, the link http://localhost:45633/verify says "ServerId=94d2927f9e1523ad068de2636fd21e5f4c7d5478" and server is back to work on Ipad/Iphone.
Same happen on the second laptop (who have a different internet provider/router)

So all of this happend on those systems:

Laptop #1 (i7, Win7 64 connected on DSL -wifi and ethernet) 1.0.7.3

Laptop #2 (i7, Win7 32 connected on Cable TV wifi and ethernet) 1.0.7.3

Same results with previous versions of the server.

Hope it will help.
Denis

#16 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2585 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

This is all very strange. What test connection does is that it requests the /verify URL from a computer that is outside your local network. So the /verify URL gives no response when reqeusted on localhost, but gives answer when called from our test service? That shouldn't even be possible. Could you please send the logs (Create archive from Logs) to support (at) inmethod.com? Thanks. Also, there is now a button in windows server to create Stack dump. Could you please send me the stack dump once the server stops responding? I can take a look at it and see what is going on in the server.

#17 starmanfr

starmanfr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is all very strange. What test connection does is that it requests the /verify URL from a computer that is outside your local network. So the /verify URL gives no response when reqeusted on localhost, but gives answer when called from our test service? That shouldn't even be possible. Could you please send the logs (Create archive from Logs) to support (at) inmethod.com? Thanks. Also, there is now a button in windows server to create Stack dump. Could you please send me the stack dump once the server stops responding? I can take a look at it and see what is going on in the server.

File is sent.
Denis

#18 RXDI

RXDI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

While it doesn't respond on my ipad and iphone4G, the server TEST CONNECTION still says "Server is accessible from Internet. At the same time, the Host "http://localhost:45633/verify" says it can't reach the requested page. If i quit AirVideoHD and re-start it, the link http://localhost:45633/verify says "ServerId=94d2927f9e1523ad068de2636fd21e5f4c7d5478" and server is back to work on Ipad/Iphone.

I am actually having the exact same issue. I will try and get a dump sent to you soon. I was hoping the new server version would have fixed it but it is still the same. I have to restart the server app for anyone to be able to connect if no one has connected after a long period of time.

Happening on both iPhones & iPads.

#19 tdoane78

tdoane78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'm having a similar issue. What's even more confusing is that within my own network the server behaves fine. Externally folks get an error message after about 12 or 24 hours that the server is not online. Seems that when I uncheck then recheck the "Enable Automatic Port Mapping" or stop and restart the server process everything externally become fine. I validate that by removing one of my iphone's from the local wifi and forcing it to use 3g.... Any thoughts would be appreciated, let me know if you'd like to see some server logs.

-Tim

#20 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

I submitted a bug report and the developer said they are working to move off the XMPP server (which I think from my understanding seems to be causing the issue), as it keeps dropping like this. The work around for now is to give the people you share access with the external IP address and the port. That does not rely on the XMPP server connecting your PIN to the computer. They should be able to connect regardless whether the XMPP is functioning properly or not. You can find the external IP in the network.log file (or possibly in the server status window.

Obviously, I would hope these are people you trust and are just not giving your external IP address out to some person :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users