• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 perfecblue

perfecblue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hi, I've noticed a weird problem on my machine where the server program will keep on asking about bonjour printing service to be installed on every reboot even after following the instructions to do so.  This is happening on a Win7 x64 machine with server versio 1.0.6.2 installed.

Thank you

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1501 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure really. The warning happens when the server tries to connect to bonjour daemon and fails. Could it be that even if installed the bonjour service is blocked by a firewall? 

#3 delthibodeaux

delthibodeaux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Same problem here windows 8 pro. Server HD version 1.0.8

#4 delthibodeaux

delthibodeaux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Also just found can't keep HD server going due to a virus reported by Norton on a dull file. Told norton to ok it but problem keeps recurring.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1501 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

That is a false positive. Has the antivirus put all the files back?

#6 macman104

macman104

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Go into the security report, and find the listings that say "blocked" from during the installation. Choose the "restore" option to restore the files.

#7 Higzee

Higzee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

I have 3 issues, I am running Windows 7 64 bit with SP1 and Windows Firewall turned off and am running no anti virus.

1) Every reboot it pops up with a message saying "You don't seem to have Bonjour installed. Air Video needs Bonjour to discover computers on your network. Do you want to install Bonjour?" I have installed Bonjour repeatedly to no avail. Seems like it might be checking for the Bonjour service before it is up and running maybe, just an idea.

2) Getting random playback stoppages when air playing out to my Apple TV from my Ipad (3rd gen, iOS 7.0.3) over wifi. No pattern to the stoppages, can play for hours with no issue or it can happen multiple times in a ten minute span. Wham, it just stops playing the video and when I try to restart the playback nothing happens, it just sits there with the wait symbol spinning. When I go back to the main menu I get this device might be available over the internet and I have to fully power off my Ipad and restart it to get back to watching my show. Very frustrating  :angry:.

3) I am also getting an externalencoder.exe error every time I go to restart my PC.

All in all this program is much buggier that the original Air Video and is quite a pain to use on a regular basis and is a total pain to have installed on my PC. Can't boot up or shutdown without this program getting up in my grill and irritating me to no end. Either fix it quickly or give me my money back!

#8 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1501 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

1) Does this only during restart? When you start Air Video Server HD after the computer is running does it not complain about Bonjour anymore? I find this rather strange that a system service would be launched after other software, but maybe it is possible.

2) This looks like networking/bonjour issue. Is there any firmware update available for your router? Does it make any difference when you restart it?

3) This is being worked on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users