If you are experiencing an error or playback issue, please submit a support ticket:
- The preferred method is to use InMethod's established support ticket tracking service to submit a support ticket. You can go to InMethod's support website, or go directly to their support ticket submission page. If you create an account, you'll be able to track and see the status of any tickets you have submitted. You can also upload files during your ticket submission, whether they are screen shots, server logs, etc. If you feel the issue you are experiencing is truly an error in the program, please use this method.
- You can also post issues to the forums here, which is in general, more suited for troubleshooting. Additionally, we ask that you not attach server logs to the forums which are usually required for solving server or app issues. If you feel the inclusion of logs are important, please instead use the support ticket process.
In either case, please take some time to search the forums prior to posting a new topic to make sure an answer to your problem hasn't already been posted.
If you experience a playback issue with a file:
Sometimes a file that you have on your server does not play properly. If it turns out that this is due to an inability to convert the file or transcode it properly for streaming to your device, you can follow the directions on InMethod's support page for Uploading Sample Files. If you have submitted a support ticket, make sure you indicate the name of the file that you are uploading. If you are asked by the developer on the forums to upload the file, ensure that you respond to the forum post with the file name you are uploading.
If you upload a sample file, please either create a bug report, forum post or email us about the issue. We get some sample files that play without any problems so we need some context about what doesn't work for you.
Providing Server Logs to the Developer:
Server logs can be critical in helping diagnose various connection or playback issues. However, they may contain sensitive information such as IP address, server pins, or other personal device info.
Therefore, DO NOT POST server logs to the forums here. Logs posted to the forums will be removed (or text removed from the forum post itself).
If your problem requires the inclusion of server logs, then please instead go through the support ticket process (Option #1 above). If the developer responds to your forum post requesting the server logs, please email them to support (at) inmethod.com and include a link to the forum post in your email.
To prepare an archive of the server logs:
- Launch the Server preferences window
- Select "Create Archive From Logs"
- This will zip all the logs into an archive and then open a window explorer (or finder for Mac users), it will be a zip file named starting with "AirVideoServerHDLogs"
- You can then attach this file to either a support ticket or email them to the support address above.
- AnthonyFiz, qzzyyynpmlh, RussellIcet and 19 others like this